Saturday, October 25, 2008

JOHN KERRYYYYYY!!!!



yes yes yes....I met John Kerry and he is sooooooooo CHARMING!!!! How did that happen??? Well...one of my friends had worked in some way with the democratic party and there was a "secret" meeting in Northampton (a towm close to Amherst, where I live!!) and we all piled into my friend Anna's car and went off to see if we could really get inside...and VOLLA!! we did!!
(In the pic, L-R, John Kerry, Patricia, Elena, Anna and me)

He was basically talking about how people should go and vote...and not skip it!! The most important thing that I noticed was the difference between politicians addressing crowds in India and here...there, they would be surrounded with hordes of policemen, body guards with guns--as if someone will kill them everytime they step out of the house---while here, he was not surrounded by any body guards..was standing with everyone who wanted to take pictures with him....maybe its because he was campaigning---but he definitely looked more approachable than the Indian ministers---most of them think that they are God, once they get the seat!!


Anyways...Maria (a World Peace Fellow Alum) reminded me that I forgot to mention in my last blog what exactly I am studying---I am pursuing my Masters in Public Policy and Administration...Thanks Maria for pointing it out!!


Till next time, see u.........!!!!!!!!!! :)

No comments: